Shakespeare in Stratford-upon-Avon
Shakespeare 's Family Homes can be visited with a single visitor pass which is then valid for 12 months. If you book your ticket online through the Shakespeare Birthplace Trust website, www.shakespeare.org.uk, you can get a 10% discount.
We at Penryn Guest House usually have discounted leaflets with which you can then buy tickets at a very reasonable price.
The opening times for these houses are:
10am to 4pm for Winter 2016-2017 season (31st of Oct to 19th of March) and
9am to 5pm for Spring/ Summer/ Autumn 2017 (20th of March to 29th of Oct)
Christmas 2016 opening times: On Christmas Eve 24th of Dec. the last entry is at 1pm. On Christmas Day all Shakespeare houses are closed. On Boxing Day 26th of Dec only Shakespeare Birthplace and New Place are open from 11am to 3pm.
These houses are:
1. Shakespeare Birthplace is situated in Henley Street. Penryn Guest House is only 15 minutes walking distance from the birth home of the world's greatest storyteller.
2. Anne Hathaway's Cottage is within a 10 minutes stroll from our guest house, a must visit to this beautifully restored cottage!
3. Mary Arden's Farm is in the pitoresque village off Wilmcote, about 10 minutes drive from Penryn Guest House. A great attraction for families. Please note Mary Arden's Farm is closed through the Winter season and will re open on 18th of March 2017.
4. Hall's Croft, an informative visit to see Jacobean features and furnishings, in the town centre.
5. Shakespeare's New Place - opened in July 2016. This is the last residence of William Shakespeare, where he died in 1616. The house no longer exists, but this is a place bringing history to life!
Stratford upon Avon Hop On Hop Off Bus is the perfect way to visit all the above houses and much more...the bus has 10 stops including all the houses mentioned above, the Visitor Information Centre, the Maybird Shopping Park, the Railway station.
The timetable for the Hop on Hop Off bus is:
Monday - Friday from 10:00am to 15:00hrs (last tour), frequent every 60min
Saturday - Sunday from 09.30am to 15:30 (last tour), frequent every 30min
No service on 25th, 26th of Dec and 1st of January